- On 09 September 2010
- Hits: 5810
Live in Montreal summer 2006
TAKE THE LONG WAY HOME - LIVE IN MONTREAL is a world class quality DVD that is a must for fans of Roger Hodgson and Supertramp.
Filmed in HD with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, the technical aspects of this DVD are superb and create the perfect platform for the voice and music that helped to define a generation.
Fans have been raving about Roger's live show for years and now, for the first time, the energy and magic of those shows have been captured in a format that brings Roger to your living room.
Classics from Roger's work with Supertramp and his solo career take on a new life with a 115 minute presentation that is not only remarkably close to the original recordings, but offered in an solo acoustic performance that will allow you to hear every note and every lyric as he originally wrote them.
The tonal quality and strength of his voice is amazing and really shines through on this DVD.
Get up close and personal with Roger in a DVD packed with over 90 minutes of bonus features.
This DVD is like two discs in one with a 75-minute solo concert plus over 90 minutes of bonus features including:
• Two exclusive interviews with Roger — share in an intimate conversation with Roger, hear how he writes his songs,
stories from his life and career
• Sound Check — the making of — take a look behind the scenes before the concert and join Roger for sound check
• Backstage pass — you are invited backstage to the post-show meet ’n greet!
• Bonus footage including never-before-seen performances of Even in the Quietest Moments, Dreamer, and Fool’s
Overture with orchestra
• Roger's Repertoire — sample the songs Roger has written over the past 40 years and recorded both with Supertramp and solo
• Fan’s impressions — hear what the fans have to say about Roger and what his music means to them
• Photo Gallery — view a collection of special photos capturing magical moments from the show
Watching this DVD is like having a front-row seat at one of Roger’s solo performances.
Live in Montreal 2006 - DTS sound
Released September 2007
Roger Hodgson’s Take the Long Way Home — Live in Montreal DVD, went to number one and Double Platinum after its release in Canada last year. This amazing DVD will be released worldwide this Fall through Eagle Vision.
The new Eagle Vision version of the DVD includes the same stunning concert and bonus features, and will also include new artwork, menus, subtitles (several languages) and DTS sound.